Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
T-JULY Women's Winter Boots Ladies Ankle Boots for Girls Winter shoes Snow Boots Black Botas Plus Size 35-43
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
- 2 Fay Waters Women's Genuine Leather Combat Style Round Toe Flat Ankle Bootie Rabbit Fur Snow Boots
- Kai-da Fashion Ladies High Heels women Pointed Toe Pumps Women shoes Woman Party Ankle Strap Pumps
- Buffalo Womens Classics 2.0 Leather Black Trainers 9.5 US
- YSZDM Men'S Running shoes, Flying Woven Sports shoes Non-Slip Wear-Resistant Breathable Mesh Deodorant Insoles Outdoor Running shoes,Black,42
- FDF SHOES Oxfords-shoes Mens Suede Green
- CJC shoes Men's Casual Loafers Flat Formal Business Work Comfy Moccasins Walking Driving shoes Wider Fitting Lightweight (color T1, Size EU41 UK7.5-8)
- Men's Latin Dance shoes Black Soft Dancing shoes at The end of Non-Slip wear Dance shoes
- JCZR Men's Business Casual shoes British Comfortable and Breathable
- Aslipper Womens and Mens Summer Outdoor Water shoes Aqua Socks for Beach Swim Surf Yoga Exercise (XS(W 3.5-4), Stripe orange)
- Agodor Womens Flat Glitter Ankle Boots with Zip Pointed Toe Fashionable Autumn Winter shoes
- TAOFFEN Women Boots Pull On
- SUNNY Store Womens Long Rain Boots Rubber Waterproof Rain shoes
- Klogs USA Women's Lacie Dress Sandal
- AllhqFashion Women's Solid Soft Material High Heels Buckle Round Closed Toe Pumps shoes
- Black Gcanwea Women Patent Leather High Heel Mid Calf Boots Platform Sexy Bowtie Warm Winter Boot Footwear shoes Size 34-43 Joker Sexy Rubber Sole No Grinding Feet Dexterous Dress Red 4 M US Boots
- KKEPO& Women Fashion PU Wedding shoes Sexy Pointed Toe Pumps gold High Heels Party shoes
- T-JULY Women Flock Top Qulity Autumn Winter Boots Fashion Round Toe Square Heels shoes Woman Big Size Ankle Boots
- Speedo Womens Offshore Strap Athletic Water shoes
- Sam Edelman Womens Olivie 2 Slide Sandal
- HAPPYSHOP TM Mens Moccasin Comfort Slip 0N Leather Loafer shoes Drivings shoes Black
- Lucky Brand Womens Lk-Maisie Dress Pump
- Arcopedico Womens Leina Mary Jane
- Tony Bianco Dani Womens Heels - Chunky Block Heels with Lace Up Front That Wraps Around Ankles
- Emerald Tallia orange Mens Eduardo Loafer
- Men's shoes, Outdoor Exercise Sneakers, Spring Fall Artificial PU Climbing shoes, Comfort Breathable Running shoes,Casual Travel Lace-up shoes
- ZHRUI Mens Classic Pointed Toe shoes Soft Sole Polished Patent Leather Lace up Derbys (color Black, Size UK 8)
- Reebok Ventilator Pop Men's Running shoes Size US 8.5, Regular Width, color Grey Lime
- New Balance Men's 1080v8 Running shoes
- Grey Gordon & Bros Men's Alessio S170607 Boots
- HEDDK New Sexy Women Sandals Rhinestone Ladies Sandal Women Slippers Fashion shoes Wine Glass with Fish Mouth Rhinestone Sandals Plus Size 35-38
- GUESS G Women's Flip Flop Thong Turquoise Peach
- AllhqFashion Women's Solid Pu High Heels Round Closed Toe Lace Up Pumps-shoes
- Unm Women's Slip On Sliders Mules shoes
- 1TO9 Womens Dress Platform Solid Leather Boots MNS03116
- Phil Betty Women's Pumps，Fashion Casual Back Zipper Black Apricot Fish Mouth Office shoes
- SUSIMODA Loafers-shoes Womens Leather Black
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.