Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
- QueenFashion Women's Frosting Wool Lining Wedge colorant Match Thigh-High Boots with Metalornament
- Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes High Top Women Doge Meme Crazy Shiba Inu
- Women's Buckle with Sandals Pointed Thick Heel High Heels (color Yellow, Size EU35 UK3 CN34)
- T-JULY Women Wedges Heels Sandals Ladies Open-Toe Ankle Strap Rhinestone Glittering Fretwork Silver gold Summer Sexy shoes
- KangaROOS Womens Ladies K-MID Plateau 5072 High Top Sneakers
- Apepazza Sandals Womens Leather White
- Nine Seven Glitters Leather Women's Pointed Toe Flat Chunky Heel Elegant Handmade Concise Slip On Women Dress Ballet Pumps
- Kenneth Cole New York Mens Mens Crown Prince Fashion Sneaker
- Cambridge Select Women's Slip-On Open Shank Side Cutout Chunky Block Low Heel Ankle Shootie
- Xtratuf Men's South Shore Flip Flops
- Kodiak Men's bluee 8 Plus Boot in Taupe
- BZees Women's Vinny Black Gradient Ribbed M
- Adidas - Volley Team 2 W, White, 8.5 UK
- YAYADI Sneakers Mens Sport Athletic Running shoes Lace-Up Breathable Jogging Trainers Male Boy Cool Walking Footwear
- Men's shoes Leather Spring Fall Fashion Pointed Toe shoes Formal shoes Walking shoes Wedding Comfort Loafers & Black Party & Evening (color Black, Size 40) (color Black, Size 39)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.